It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Text Size
Login

A slate worth $1099

Here you could put on and read others views about other gadgets (except mobiles), like i pods and other items.

Postby Pankaj » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

Asustek Computer’s Eee Slate tablet, which has some laptop-class features, is now available on Amazon.com for US$1,099.

The tablet comes with a 12.1-inch LED (light-emitting diode) touchscreen and runs on Microsoft’s Windows 7 OS. It is less than an inch think and runs on Intel’s Core i5 processor with DDR3 memory — features found in laptops.

The laptop-class capabilities could make the Eee Slate one of the fastest tablets available. The Core i5-470UM dual-core processor runs at 1.33GHz, and bundles a CPU and graphics processor in one chip. The Core i5, which began shipping in the fourth quarter last year, is capable of playing back 1080p high-definition video.

But the large screen and advanced hardware could affect the tablet’s battery life. The tablet comes with a four-cell battery that will operate for up to three hours, according to Amazon.com.

The Eee Slate is available with up to 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM. Wireless capabilities in the device include 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0. It comes with a 2-megapixel webcam, two USB 2.0 ports and a Bluetooth keyboard.
Pankaj Sharma
Member: Team JMIFET
It matters more than being admin of this forum.
Pankaj

Return to Other Gadgets!